One objective with the introduction of an SI-PASS session is to set the tone of the meeting – to get participants involved. Ice-breaker activities are excellent for this purpose.
Ice-breaker activities are used to
- bring the group together at the beginning of the session
- get participants in a discussion mode
- energize participants
- provide an easy-going and positive atmosphere to encourage all type of questions.
Choose between the Check-in/Ice-breaker strategy cards to find an activity that is suitable for you in your next SI-session:
- Check-in Questions
- Human Bingo
- Moving Multiple Choice/Corners
- Paper Tower
- Nottingham Trent University Ice-breaker guide. https://www4.ntu.ac.uk/adq/document_uploads/running_a_course/187450.pdf