To engage students in thinking about the content, encourage them to generate thought provoking questions and check for understanding.
- Students develop a list of questions & answers over course material
- Form pairs
- Student A asks the first question and student B answers
- Student A offers corrections, clarification, additional info if needed
- Student B asks next question and student A answers
- Process continues until all questions are answered.
Encourage students to ask more open ended questions and to vary the types of questions.
- EF Barkley, KP Cross, CH Major (2014). Collaborative learning techniques: A handbook for college faculty, John Wiley & Sons