This activity can help students break down a topic to identify and classify its parts.
- First each student generates ideas about a specific concept and writes each item on a sticky note.
- Then in small groups or one large group depending on number of attendees, sort and organize slips into categories on board or wall to identify common themes.
- Have students create a heading for each grouping.
- If using small groups have each group review each other’s or have them explain their categories.
- Make sure students are only writing one idea per sticky note.