This strategy can be very useful before an exam.
- Have each student come up with:
- 3 topics that they know well enough to “teach” to the other students,
- 2 topics that they do not understand and need further assistance with, and
- 1 possible test question.
- Then have each student write their 3:2:1 topics on the board. Most of the time, the students’ topics will overlap allowing students to “teach” the other students who need additional assistance.
- Follow up with discussion of the possible test questions.