This strategy can be very useful before an exam.
- The SI-PASS leader should prepare multiple note cards with vocabulary or identification words and one additional related word or term.
- Once at the session, ask the students to divide into groups and split the note cards amongst the groups.
- One person in the group must explain the vocabulary term to the other group members without using any of the words written on the note card. The group members must then guess the vocabulary word based on the student’s explanation. Have each student take a turn explaining.
- Once the group has guessed correctly, have them add 2 additional words to the card to make it more challenging for the next group. After all the words have been guessed, have the groups switch cards.
- The SI-PASS leader can sporadically join the groups and play along.