This is a good opener or closing activity for reviewing class material. It can engage all learners in the review and work with large or small groups.
- In pairs, students will review as many key concepts from class that they can remember.
- Student A will shout out any concept, idea, issue covered in class (make sure student explains idea), followed by Student B.
- Students will continue volleying concepts back & forth until they run out of ideas.
- They cannot repeat something said by their partner. Spend approx. 8-10 min doing this.
- Once in large group ask students for 1 concept/ idea and explain it.
- Once all have shared the leader can list any concept that may have been missed or needs further discussion.
Lucas, Robert W (2007). Creative LEARNING—Activities and games that REALLY engage people. Pfeiffer (San Francisco & Wiley worldwide)