Grouping related terms into meaningful groups can be more helpful than drilling students on exact definitions.
- Compose a list of key terms from the lecture ranging in levels of specificity.
- Scramble the terms and then encourage pairs of students to organize the terms into several categories that are meaningful to them.
- Then have them define or give an example of terms where appropriate.
- Finally, have each pair discuss their categories with the entire group.
- Get the students to check the spelling!