Divide and Conquer
This strategy is designed to conquer a difficult reading assignment.
- The assignment should be divided up into meaningful sections and each student (or group) should be assigned one section.
- Ask the students to read and summarize their section.
- After they have all read the material, have each student read their summary aloud. Encourage students to ask questions and be prepared to emphasize areas other students may have overlooked.
- Lastly, discuss the article as a whole.
- Alternative description of divide and conquer approach: https://sites.google.com/a/emints.org/cooperative-learning-strategies/d…
- Examples of collaborative learning through a divide and conquer strategy: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Collaborative_Learning/Examples