SI-PASS special interest groups
Maths Special Interest Group (SIG)
Maths is frequently perceived as being a difficult subject to learn. Starting from primary education and going through secondary into higher education, students find it challenging to understand mathematical concepts and their applications.
Using the Supplemental Instruction (SI) approach has been proven to be beneficial in developing students’ knowledge across a range of disciplines including maths and maths related subjects. The Maths SIG will bring together educators who have been using SI-PASS or are interested in using SI-PASS in teaching maths and will be operating under the umbrella of the European Centre for SI-PASS.
The goal of the Maths SIG is to provide a platform for
- Discussing issues related to using SI-PASS in teaching maths and maths-related subjects in the HEI/secondary education
- Establishing and sharing good practice and resources;
- Developing ideas and new approaches in using SI-PASS in teaching maths;
- Developing collaboration and research;
- Promoting the benefits of SI-PASS in enhancing students’ learning experience.
- SI-Pass listserv (Send an email to si-pass [at] lists [dot] sunet [dot] se join the list)
If you should have any questions regarding the Maths SIG, please contact Dr Elena Luchinskaya.
Maths Special Interest Group
Dr Elena Luchinskaya
Senior Teaching Fellow in Business Analytics
Director of Business Analytics and Consultancy Undergraduate Programme
Lancaster University Management School, UK
Email: e [dot] luchinskaya [at] lancaster [dot] ac [dot] uk