This is a fun way to check to see if students know the material well enough for a test or quiz. The key is being well prepared with about 20‐30 question at different levels of difficulty (conceptual/ application/synthetic) and in different categories.
- Form small groups and let them know the rules:
- No books or notes.
- All teams start with 10 points.
- Team leader raises their hand when ALL members on the team are prepared to explain the answer.
- Randomly assign a person to answer each question after the team discusses the concept before giving the answer.
- Have the reporter “wager” points depending on how confident they are that they can explain the answer.
- If the answer is correct, the team gets the points they wagered; if incorrect, the team loses the points they wagered.
- If the question is missed, the team that raised their hand 2nd can steal, and try to answer the question.